BREAKING: Ted Cruz and Ben Carson Lead Big GOP Presidential Straw PollJune 1, 2014
The GOP held their annual Republican Leadership Conference in New Orleans over the past week, and ended the meeting with a straw poll for the likely Presidential contenders in 2016.
Senator Ted Cruz came out on top, with Dr. Ben Carson coming in as a very close second in the poll.
Ted Cruz is immensely popular among conservatives right now because of his standing up against Obamacare, his strong stance against gun control, and his search for truth on Benghazi and the IRS scandals.
The Republican Leadership Conference featured speeches by a number of Presidential hopefuls and other prominent conservative speakers, and ended with a straw poll ranking the top ten contenders.
Cruz finished in first place in the annual conference’s presidential straw poll at 30.33%. Dr. Ben Carson, a Fox News commentator and conservative activist, finished in second with 29.38% while Sen. Rand Paul, R-Kentucky, was third with 10.43%.
Fox News host and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and Texas Governor Rick Perry rounded out the top five, at 5.06% and 4.90%, respectively.
Neither Carson nor Sen. Rand Paul appeared at the Conference, which is an important gathering that served as an “unofficial” kick off to the 2016 campaign season.
More moderate Republicans also skipped the conference, but many fared much worse in the straw poll. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie came in dead last with 1.11% while Florida’s former Gov. Jeb Bush and current Sen. Marco Rubio and came in seventh and eighth at 4.42% and 3.32 %, respectively.
Cruz gave one of the most popular speeches at the conference, and said he understood how some people around the country are scared of losing their freedoms and rights, not to mention bankrupting the country ahead of their children.
There is an urgency facing this country – there is an urgency in politics unlike anything we’ve ever seen,” he said, arguing those fears were driving a new movement.
“America is waking up. We are seeing revival, we are seeing renewal, and together – mark my words – we are going to turn this nation around,” he said.
Thank you!” he exclaimed to a shout of thanks from the audience. “Nobody cares what any politician in Washington says. Power in politics, sovereignty in America is with we the people, and that is the path to turning this country around, empowering the people.”
This is good news for Cruz. He is an increasingly powerful and influential politician that is staying true to his core values and principles, something the people love to see.
Ted Cruz would make a great President, especially if he had the support of fellow conservatives in the House and Senate. Cruz has promised that he would work to clean up the corruption and mess in Washington, and part of his plan would be to repeal Obamacare, abolish the IRS, and audit the Federal Reserve.
Please share this on Facebook and Twitter if you would vote for Ted Cruz for President, especially if he was matched up against Hillary Clinton.
Read This Next:
- BREAKING: Rand Paul Wins CPAC Presidential Poll
- Dr. Ben Carson: Obamacare is ONLY About Control… Period
- Ben Carson Receiving 4,000 Petitions PER WEEK for Him to Run for President
- Dr. Ben Carson: “We Have Got to Put the Constitution Back on the Top Step” [WATCH]
- Rand Paul Wins CPAC Straw Poll… Establishment Terrified
- Dr. Ben Carson: We Need Health Care in the Free Market… Not Government [WATCH]
- Poll: Would You Vote for Paul/Cruz in 2016?
- Poll: Ted Cruz is Now the Top GOP Candidate for 2016
- Dr. Carson: Obama’s Economic Policies Are “Asinine”
- Poll: Ted Cruz is 3rd “Most Influential” World Leader
- Ted Cruz: “Yes We Can” Kill Obamacare [VIDEO]
- Watch: Dr. Ben Carson Says Obamacare is Form of Slavery
- Ben Carson: “We Cannot Submit… We Have Got to Stand Up For America” [VIDEO]
- Ben Carson: Kick Out “Spineless” Congressmen Who Won’t Stop Obama
- BREAKING: Ted Cruz and Rand Paul Vote AGAINST Fake “Compromise”