Obama Gives Muslim Brotherhood Another $250 Million
Unbelievably enough, the US is going to donate a quarter of a billion to Egypt’s government… immediately after making cuts to federal spending because of the sequester. Egypt’s government is run by the tyrannical “Muslim Brotherhood” of Islamic fascists.
This is what’s wrong with DC. We have politicians lying to us about having to cut firemen and teachers if there’s even the slightest cut in spending, and then they turn around and dump a quarter billion onto a corrupt and tyrannical regime on the other side of the planet. This is pure madness.
The New York Times reports that apparently, John Kerry “did not mention any specific political commitments the Egyptian president had made to receive the aid.” In other words, this is about as close as we can get to free cash for tyrants.
The Nature of the Aid
Remember, we just recently gave the Muslim Brotherhood F-16s and tanks. DC apparently doesn’t care, with precious few people even putting up a protest, with the exception of Rand Paul.
The reasons to not give this kind of aid should be obvious:
- We’re creating an arms race. Giving aid to Egypt and Israel is making tensions grow stronger, fueling an arms race that could end in bloodshed.
- We’re aiding the future enemy. We have a horrible track record at this. We generally give cash and weapons to people who are going to kill our people within a decade or so. Let’s stop it.
- It’s none of our bloody business. Egypt isn’t Texas, California, or New York. This has nothing — nothing — to do with us. Let’s keep our money out of it.
- We’re completely and totally broke. We have an economic problem in the way of debt that will destroy our economy unless we get back on the right track. It’s not just bad economics to do this — it’s a symptom of a disease that really is going to kill us.
- Stealing from Americans is wrong. Stealing is always wrong. Stealing to give to a tyrant is even worse. Stealing from Americans to give to a tyrant in another part of the world is just weird and insane — there’s no upside. We gain nothing. This isn’t good politics — it’s just weird, a waste, and a great example of how dark and twisted DC is.
If it was possible for me to find another way to show my disgust with words, I’d do it. But like usual, there really are no words to describe the insanity of the US federal government. What a crying shame.
The Truth About DC:
The media is trying to hide the truth, but now you can bypass them. Get our newsletter now: