Rand Paul Creates Bill to STOP Obama’s Executive Orders
In an hour, Rand Paul is set to announce on Sean Hannity that he is going to be introducing legislation to nullify Obama’s executive orders. If there’s been one person who has been waging war against Obama’s anti-gun tyranny, so far it’s been Rand. The president’s powers can easily be set by congress, which means Rand will be acting fully within his constitutional capacity. All he has to do is get congress to go along with it.
Earlier this week, Rand even called Obama a wannabe “king”, and said “we fought” the Revolutionary war over such people. You can see the video of Rand’s comments here.
In the end, Obama’s executive orders would have likely been far worse if not for the fact that there was a social media backlash against him. The Internet is fundamentally changing politics by allowing congress to instantly know when to push back for political gain — in all seriousness, this political battle will be half fought on Facebook and Twitter, not just in DC.
List of the 23 Executive Orders by Obama:
According to Forbes Magazine, these are the executive orders:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make itwidely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effectiveuse of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to developinnovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
Don’t forget, this doesn’t even touch what Obama’s trying to do with congress. He wants to ban regular magazines for holding ammo, semi-automatic rifles, and force most gun shows to basically close down with extra regulations. I own things for hunting that will be banned. This is tyranny. This is unconstitutional. And Rand Paul is fighting back. Good for him — we need to let him know he isn’t alone.
Click here to share: